All in all, wSM/Widows Scheme is an Army program that provides surplus military vehicles to qualifying civilians. If you are a widow of a service member who was killed in the line of duty, you may be eligible for a vehicle through the ESM/Widows Scheme. This article will provide a further detailed information on how to apply for a vehicle through the ESM/Widows Scheme, including required documentation and application procedures.
Army surplus vehicles and their benefits
Army surplus vehicles can be a great way for ex-servicemen and widows of defence personnel to get around. These vehicles are usually very affordable, and they can offer a number of benefits. For example, they may be able to access certain areas that other vehicles cannot.
What are Army surplus vehicles and how do they work with the ESM/Widows Scheme?
Army surplus vehicles are those that are no longer needed by the military. They are often sold at auction or through dealerships specializing in surplus vehicles. The ESM/Widows Scheme provides financial assistance to eligible applicants to purchase these vehicles.
How to apply for an Army surplus vehicle?
If you are interested in purchasing an Army surplus vehicle, you will need to fill out an application form. Local ZSWO or DSW(S) provides these forms. After approval of your application, you will be able to purchase the vehicle from a dealer specializing in surplus vehicles.
The benefits of having an Army surplus vehicle
There are a number of benefits that come with owning an Army surplus vehicle. These benefits include:
1) Access to certain areas that other vehicles cannot reach. Army surplus vehicles are often able to access areas that other vehicles cannot. This can be helpful if you need to get to a remote location.
2) Military-grade construction. Army surplus vehicles come with ability to withstand tough conditions. This means that they are often very durable and reliable.
3) Affordable. Army surplus vehicles are typically very affordable. This further makes them a great option for those on a budget.
4) Unique. Lastly, Army surplus vehicles are often very unique. Moreover, this can make them a great conversation starter and a way to stand out from the crowd.
The ESM/Widows Scheme and how does it work?
The ESM/Widows Scheme is a government-funded program that provides financial assistance to eligible applicants so that they can purchase Army surplus vehicles. To be eligible for the scheme, you must be an ex-serviceman or widow of a defence personnel who died while in service. To apply for the scheme, you can do so by contacting your local ZSWO or DSW(S).
Benefits of Information on Army Surplus Vehicles to ESM/Widows Scheme
The main benefit of the scheme is that it helps ex-servicemen and widows of defence personnel to purchase affordable, reliable, and versatile vehicles. In addition, the scheme provides financial assistance so that applicants can purchase these vehicles. Thus, this can make a big difference for those on a tight budget.
List of documents needed:
- Firstly, a copy of the letter from the Army authorities regarding the release of the vehicle.
- Secondly, an indemnity bond on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.100/- duly signed by the applicant and counter-signed by a Gazetted Officer.
- An undertaking on a plain paper from the applicant that he/she has no objection if registration number of the vehicle is changed after its release by Army authorities.
- In case, release of vehicle is applied for by an ESM. Then he/she would have to submit his/her disability certificate issued by Zila Sainik Board/ESM Welfare Officer/CO McGuire Center.
- In case, the release of the vehicle is applied for by a widow. Then she would have to submit a copy of her late husband’s service book and death certificate.
- Next, an undertaking on plain paper from the applicant that he/she will not sell the vehicle for a period of three years from the date of its release by Army authorities.
- Moreover, two passport-size photographs of the applicant.
- The registration fee as applicable and insurance premium for one year, in case, the release of the vehicle is applied for by an ESM/Widow residing in Delhi NCR region only. No registration fee and insurance premium is required to be paid by the applicants residing outside the Delhi NCR region.
- Lastly, an application fee of Rs.100/- in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘Pay and Accounts Officer, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Min of Defence’, payable at New Delhi.
The Army Surplus Vehicles Scheme provides an opportunity for ESM/widows to obtain a quality used vehicle at a fraction of the cost of a new one. All in all, we encourage all eligible persons to take advantage of this scheme and would like to thank the Minister for his dedication to ensuring that our servicemen and women are taken care of long after they have left the Defence Forces.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Official Home||Click Here|