What is a Liquor Licenses in India?
Liquor License is a permit that protects the interest of license holder and grant them the right to sell or deal with alcoholic beverages at proposed premise (Liquor serving premise should be more than 500 meters away if the overall population of area’s with over 20,000 people. If local bodies with a population of 20,000 people are less, then the distance might be reduced to 220 meters from the State Highway or National Highway). This license is regulated by the State Excise Department of every state in India. Any sellers or entity who wish to sell alcohol or alcoholic beverages in retail are required to hold a liquor license of state to do so legally. Normally, restaurants, pubs, liquor stores, clubs, bars and hotels own a license to sell alcohol.
How to get a bar and restaurant license in Goa?
Goa is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. If you are looking to start up a bar or pub in Goa like the famous Silly Souls Cafe and Bar, then one of the first things you will need is a liquor license. Obtaining this license can be a bit daunting, but with the right information, it can be much easier. In this post, we will give you all the information you need to get your liquor license.
Types of Liquor sold in Goa
- Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL)
- Foreign Liquor
- Country Liquor
Types of licenses issued by the Department of Excise, Goa
- For Establishment/Manufacture of IMFL/Wine/Beer/Spirits.
- For Blending & Bottling of Country Liquor.
- For Private Bounded Warehouse
- For Wholesale of IMFL/Country Liquor/Foreign Liquor.
- For Retail Sale of IMFL/Country Liquor/Foreign Liquor in Packed Bottles.
- For Retail Sale of IMFL/Country Liquor/Foreign Liquor for Consumption.
- For Extraction of Cashew Juice.
- For Still Licence.
- For tree tapping.
The process of applying for a liquor license in Goa is relatively simple, provided the applicant meets a few basic eligibility requirements. In order to apply for a license, the applicant must be over 21 years of age and must have a Residence Certificate issued by the concerned Taluka Mamlatdar.
The application process can be completed entirely through the office of the Excise Inspector of the concerned Taluka. Once the application is submitted, the Excise Inspector will review the application and determine whether or not the applicant is eligible for a liquor license.
If the applicant is found to be eligible, the Excise Inspector will issue a license that will allow the applicant to purchase and consume alcohol in Goa.
Getting Liquor Permit in Goa (Documents)
There are a few common documents required in order to obtain a liquor license for Indian Made Foreign Liquor, Country Liquor and Foreign Liquor under Rule 90 of the Goa Excise Duty Act & Rules, 1964. These include:
- An application form duly filled in and signed by the applicant
- A certificate from the Gram Panchayat/Municipality/ Corporation as the case may be, regarding the ownership of premises
- No Objection Certificate from Fire Officer
- Layout plan indicating the location of all rooms, kitchen, toilets, storerooms, etc. on all floors of the building
- NOCs from President/Secretary of Apartment Owners Association if the premises is an apartment
- Birth Certificate/ Proof of Age
- Affidavit of the applicant
- Copy of House Tax Receipt
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Certificate of 25 years of Residence
- Police Antecedent Report
F a full documents list, please consult the relevant authorities. However, with these documents in hand, you will be well on your way to obtaining your liquor license. Cheers!
Note: You can also look for a liquor license for sale in Goa to get an easy way through all the hustle of application and more.
How to Apply for the Liquor License?
To obtain a liquor license in Goa, you need to follow these steps.
- Go to the main website of the Management Department of Excise, Government of Goa.
- Go to Registration, select New Registration, and click Apply.
- Proceed by clicking Continue.
- On the following page, you will find the required fields that need to be completed precisely in order to submit an application that is valid. Click on Submit after you have filled out the details.
- A pop-up acknowledging the application will appear. Note down the application no.
- Go back to the Main page, click Registration, then click New Registration.
- Fill out the following pop-up with your Application Number.
- Under the Document Type section, fill in all the necessary details and attach all the necessary documents.
- Applicants can upload their passport-sized photos by clicking Upload Photo and choosing a file.
- Click on Submit.
Moreover, you must consider the cost of liquor license in Goa which can range from 25k to a few lakhs.
So, if you are looking to open a bar or pub in Goa, there is some good news – the process of obtaining a liquor license is relatively straightforward. However, it’s important to note certain requirements needed for your application to be successful.
In this article, we have outlined the steps you need to take and the documents you will need in order to obtain a liquor license in Goa. If you have any questions like how to bring liquor from Goa legally, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We would be happy to help guide you through the process.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Official Home||Click Here|