India is a country with an agricultural economy that has contributed greatly to the sustenance and prosperity of its people. However, since independence, there have been clear social gaps between those living in urban areas versus rural ones which often leads them to struggle financially as farmers across India face off against one another instead of focusing on improving their own situations within respective communities – especially considering how important agriculture truly can be for all aspects including society’s stability when it comes down right livelihood options among many others things! So here comes the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
What is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN), all landholding farmers will be eligible for a financial benefit worth up to 6000 Rupees per year. The first installment of 2000 Rupees shall arrive every four months while the remaining two payments come over the next 12 months span until the end of May 2021.
The objective behind this policy is not only to ensure that small/ marginal holdings have enough money for indigenous production but also to ensure them an assured livelihood even if there happen any unforeseen circumstances
Features of Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
The minimum income support it offers amounts to Rs 6000 per year, but instead of having all funds distributed at once recipients will receive installments over four months with an initial payment worth 2000 rupees in each installment cycle until 2020 when they have received everything handed down by this program
The Indian government has announced that it will be sending Rs.75,000 crore in funding to farmers via PMKSNY—a farmer support scheme run by the central government. This was first introduced with an initial reserve of just over seven thousand five hundred crores (or $150 million) per year set aside for its operation, but recent updates from finance Ministry officials indicate they are willing to expand this number significantly higher than before
Who Can Apply For The PM Kisan Scheme?
The eligibility criteria for this government plan are quite important To qualify, you must be either a small or marginal farmer with cultivable land and an Indian citizen; along those lines, it’s not open to certain other categories such as urban residents (though they could still apply if their village doesn’t meet the requirements).
Documents Needed for Eligibility
To apply for this scheme, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- Citizenship Proof
- Documents of Land Ownership
- Bank Account Details
Those who qualify for the PMKSY Schemes can register themselves as beneficiaries in several ways. An individual may approach local patwaris or revenue officers to enroll, they also have an option of paying fees at CSCs and online through its dedicated portal which will take them step by the process until registration is complete.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme|
|Launched By||Central Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Financial benefit worth up to 6000 Rupees per year|
|Objective||The small/marginal holdings have enough money|
For the scheme, there are several Exclusion Categories. Beneficiaries with higher economic status are not eligible to receive benefits.
- Holders of institutional land.
- The following categories of farmer families are included.
- Constitutional office holders past and present
- In addition to former/current Ministers and State Ministers, former/current members of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, and State Legislative Assemblies, and former/present mayors of municipal corporations and district panchayats.
- Served or retired Central/State Government employees and also their field units; Public Sector Entities under Government; and Autonomous Institutions under Government; and regular employees of local governments
- No inclusion for the multitasking staff, Class IV, and Group D employees.
- Those receiving pensions of more than Rs.10,000/- per month from superannuated or retired pensioners
- Income Tax payers from the previous assessment year
- A professional who is registered with a professional body and takes part in their profession through practice. Examples include doctors, engineers, lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and architects.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme is a laudable step by the government to provide relief to farmers. It will help improve the income of small and marginal farmers. Moreover, it ensures that they are able to lead dignified lives.
However, there are some areas where the scheme could be improved. For instance, it would be useful if the amount paid out under PM-KISAN was increased, and more people were made eligible for benefits under the scheme. Overall, though, PM-KISAN is a good initiative and should help improve a lot of Indian farmers significantly.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Official Home||Click Here|