The agricultural sector of India dominates the country. Even now, many agricultural areas in the nation are dependent on nature. This implies that there are still certain parts of the nation that do not have access to irrigation. Farming in such high and plateau environments is dependent on Indra’s favor. If it rains, the crop grows; if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. Farming in such locations is usually a losing proposition. Most farmers avoid incurring the risk of consistently farming in these places.
Landowners with barren land benefit from this Kusum Yojana Scheme.
Irrigation is not accessible in the country’s steep and plateau areas. There are no rivers, canals, or ponds, and the water is at such a depth that it cannot be easily located due to the stony soil and height above sea level. Aside from that, there are numerous regions where power is not available. Farmers in these places are compelled to live in poverty due to their inability to practice agriculture. Farmers that participate in this plan can improve their economic situation and earn a consistent income.
PM Kusum Scheme: Why was the PM Kusum Yojana needed?
The administration has dedicated special emphasis to improving farmers’ conditions. The administration feels that the true India may still be found in rural areas. These settlements are the backbone of the country’s economy. If the villages are reinforced, the country’s economy will be boosted as well. As a result, the government has taken farmers’ difficulties seriously and implemented several programs to address them. Among these initiatives is a comparable one called Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana, which provides farmers with access to energy.
PM Kusam Yojana’s main objective
The major goal of the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Scheme is to improve farmers’ financial situations by supplying them with free power. Farmers are given the option of using solar panels for irrigation under this plan. The government also provides help for these solar panels, and farmers receive a discount on the purchase of these solar panels. Farmers receive these solar panels for only 25% of the cost, after support from the Central Government and State Governments. Aside from that, this initiative provides farmers with rebates and help for grid-connected power plants.
The Pradhan Mantri Kusum Scheme has many benefits.
The Pradhan Mantri Kusum Scheme provides several benefits to farmers. These benefits are provided by both the state and federal governments. As a result, each state’s farmers receive various rewards under this plan. The following are some of the advantages that farmers will gain from this scheme:
- Farmers may acquire solar pumps with capacities ranging from 3 horsepower to 10 horsepower with a 75 percent subsidy via the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Scheme.
- The government of India provides farmers with 30% central financial aid via the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana. Aside from that, the state governments provide farmers with 45 percent financial help for installing solar pumps under the PM Kusum Yojana.
- According to the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana guidelines, the farmer is only required to contribute 25% of the cost of installing the solar pump.
- Farmers only receive solar pumps with special savings under the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Scheme. Only farmers’ unions, water user associations, and farmer communities are eligible for this.
- Farmers who participate in the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Scheme receive a five-year maintenance contract at no additional cost. This is known as the AMC.
- Farmers receive solar pumps as part of the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana, as well as insurance coverage. As a result, the farmer is also protected from the loss of a solar pump due to natural disasters, theft, and so forth.
- The general population benefits the most from the solar pumps constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana. This preserves the ecosystem.
- Farmers’ farming costs are greatly reduced as a result of lower diesel and power costs. Farmers’ incomes rise as a result.
|ONP Home||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|